MT5 MQL5 Strategy Tester Spread always = 1 point - never changes?!?!?!?

Dear community,

I am back testing MT5 with 100% tick quality, every tick on the 1 minute EUR/USD chart.

I have a basic silly little EA I wrote, that takes trades merrily losing me money ;) sound familiar right?

Any way part of the reason is that I am unable to reliably back test. The EA is a scalper, so spread is essential in how it works!

I run this EA in MT5 Strategy Tester, as I take a trade, I log the spread value in order to investigate what is happening: 

The logged spread, never ever ever changes from 1point, even if I do some calculations to log a "calculated" spread its always   1x10ToThePower-5 or 0.00001 or sometimes its 9.999999999ToThePower-6, which is all 1point its basically set at 1point and never ever changes. 

That simply does not help as market volatility will always change the spread, does any one have any suggestions on how to get around this problem?????

thanks

Rob

rbertora:

Dear community,

I am back testing MT5 with 100% tick quality, every tick on the 1 minute EUR/USD chart.

I have a basic silly little EA I wrote, that takes trades merrily losing me money ;) sound familiar right?

Any way part of the reason is that I am unable to reliably back test. The EA is a scalper, so spread is essential in how it works!

I run this EA in MT5 Strategy Tester, as I take a trade, I log the spread value in order to investigate what is happening: 

The logged spread, never ever ever changes from 1pip, even if I do some calculations to log a "calculated" spread its always 1pip =  1x10ToThePower-5 or 0.0001 or sometimes its 9.999999999ToThePower-6, which is all 1pip its basically set at 1pip and never ever changes. 

That simply does not help as market volatility will always change the spread, does any one have any suggestions on how to get around this problem?????

thanks

Rob

The spread in the tester is always in points, not pips.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Thanks! I have duly updated my post - thank you, so the question is why is it always 1point?

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Is the Spread which you can see on the current Asset in Pips and the Spread in the tester in points?

Example:

MetaTrader5: 15

tester at the same moment: 1.5

Thanks for answers;)

@MasterTrader3000 #Is the Spread which you can see on the current Asset in Pips and the Spread in the tester in points? Example: MetaTrader5: 15 tester at the same moment: 1.5 Thanks for answers;)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 Spread vs tester Spread

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.03.06 05:58

Both in the Market Watch window and in the Strategy Tester, the spread is expressed in points (not pips).
Reason: