Sell Limit Orders Becoming Losing Positions Instead Of Automatically Closing

I'm having trouble with setting up Sell Limit Orders. For some reason these orders are becoming losing positions. This makes NO since to me because I thought the who point of a sell limit order was for that order to become a position that automatically closes instantly once the price you set is reached. 

Instead, it's turning them into sell positions that are all losing because the price of the currency has continued to push higher. Thus defeats the purpose of a sell limit..something isn't right. 

Oh yea,

I'm using MT4 not MT5

Opt.Autopilot: order to become a position that automatically closes instantly once the price you set is reached.
It is a pending order that opens at that price or better.

Opt.Autopilot:
I'm having trouble with setting up Sell Limit Orders. For some reason these orders are becoming losing positions. This makes NO since to me because I thought the who point of a sell limit order was for that order to become a position that automatically closes instantly once the price you set is reached. 

Instead, it's turning them into sell positions that are all losing because the price of the currency has continued to push higher. Thus defeats the purpose of a sell limit..something isn't right. 

Oh yea,

I'm using MT4 not MT5

Perhaps, you should read the manual what “sell limit” really do.

whroeder1:
It is a pending order that opens at that price or better.
Thank you for not being smart a** about your answer like the loser trolling my topic lol. Is it safe to say Buy Stop is how I would make a currently open buy position close automatically once it rises to a certain price?

Please don't add text inside quoted text or CODE blocks, put it outside.
          MQL4 forum editor problem - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum

No, Perhaps you should read the manual. A buy stop is places above the market and becomes a market order when price reaches it.

You use the SL or TP to close the orders at a price.

Thank you for not being smart a** about your answer like the loser trolling my topic lol. Is it safe to say Buy Stop is how I would make a currently open buy position close automatically once it rises to a certain price?