Having problem with pending orders

Hi guys, I have faced a problem which I really worked on but I couldn't solve it.

I want to partially close a position by pending order, the reason I want to use pending order is I want it as an SL but Partial SL.

I wrote the code below but pending order results new position an doesn't affect the active position.

MqlTradeRequest PrimaryPendingRequest;
MqlTradeResult PrimaryPendingResult;
ZeroMemory(PrimaryPendingRequest);
ZeroMemory(PrimaryPendingResult);
PrimaryPendingRequest.action = TRADE_ACTION_PENDING;
PrimaryPendingRequest.magic = 1998;
PrimaryPendingRequest.symbol = _Symbol;
PrimaryPendingRequest.volume = 0.9;
PrimaryPendingRequest.price = NormalizeDouble(PrimaryTradeResult.price + 0.00005, 5);
PrimaryPendingRequest.type = ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP;
PrimaryPendingRequest.type_filling = ORDER_FILLING_FOK;
PrimaryPendingRequest.position = PrimaryTradeResult.order;
OrderSend(PrimaryPendingRequest, PrimaryPendingResult);

I want this pending to close 0.9 lot of the active position which is 1 lot and make it 0.1 lot position but it opens a new position and I will have 1 lot position + 0.9 lot position.

I thought it's broker problem and check it with 3 brokers but the result was the same.

it's the same thing, Normal close partially or with pending

Mahdi1998:

Hi guys, I have faced a problem which I really worked on but I couldn't solve it.

I want to partially close a position by pending order, the reason I want to use pending order is I want it as an SL but Partial SL.

I wrote the code below but pending order results new position an doesn't affect the active position.

I want this pending to close 0.9 lot of the active position which is 1 lot and make it 0.1 lot position but it opens a new position and I will have 1 lot position + 0.9 lot position.

I thought it's broker problem and check it with 3 brokers but the result was the same.

It's only possible on a netting account. On an hedging account, it will always result in a new position.

Samuel Akinbowale:
it's the same thing, Normal close partially or with pending
Unfortunately It's not the same thing, I tested it and new position opened for me albeit I had given value to MqlTradeRequest.Position

Alain Verleyen:

It's only possible on a netting account. On an hedging account, it will always result in a new position.

It seems complicated to me Alain, I can affect my current position by "deal" orders even on a hedge account with giving my current position ticket value to MqlTradeRequest.position but when it comes to "pending" orders, I can't affect my position by them even when I give value to "Position" variable in MqlTradeRequest structure.

Mahdi1998:
It seems complicated to me Alain, I can affect my current position by "deal" orders even on a hedge account with giving my current position ticket value to MqlTradeRequest.position but when it comes to "pending" orders, I can't affect my position by them even when I give value to "Position" variable in MqlTradeRequest structure.

It's not complicated it's how it works, you will have to deal with it.

On an hedging account, you can :

• open new positions (with market or pending orders)
  • close existing position (fully or partially) with market orders, not with pending orders.
  • you can not add to an existing position, only open a new one.

So if you want a partial close you have 2 solutions :

1. Monitor the price and send a market order to partially close your position with the needed volume.
  2. Open 2 positions (0.9 and 0.1) instead of one, and set your sl/tp accordingly.

In all cases, pending orders can't be used for that purpose.

Alain Verleyen:

It's not complicated it's how it works, you will have to deal with it.

On an hedging account, you can :

• open new positions (with market or pending orders)
  • close existing position (fully or partially) with market orders, not with pending orders.
  • you can not add to an existing position, only open a new one.

So if you want a partial close you have 2 solutions :

1. Monitor the price and send a market order to partially close your position with the needed volume.
  2. Open 2 positions (0.9 and 0.1) instead of one, and set your sl/tp accordingly.

In all cases, pending orders can't be used for that purpose.

Got it completely, Thank you for your generosity.
Reason: