Strategy testing on cloud

The strategy tester on the cloud is really an advance in strategy testing. Works like a charm most of the time.  But a bit to often it just stops when there might be a few unprocessed task left.

Nothing happens. It seems like 1 or 2 agents just do not report in and the strategy tester keeps waiting. Is there a "timeout"? Like if an agent has not reported back within 1 minute, drop it.

Or are there people with very slow processors offering service. There should be some minimum requirement  on processor speed if you should be allowed in to the cloud. It is very frustrating when a few  sour apples destroys the beauty

of this concept. What I do if I get a standstill with a few unprocessed tasks I disable that cloud after a couple of minutes of standstill and enable another. It seems to work but that also means I have to babysit the process and that

really destroys the concept.

-  Minimum requirements to be allowed to participate in the cloud

- A "Time out" that I can set fo my computer. If hit that agent will not be used by me in this session.

Maybe just  the time out switch will do it. Very slow agents will possibly be hit by the time out anyway.

Yes I have a very fast and reliable internet connection. And I can also run 3 other computers in a local net and and I never experience this kind of problem with them. But they can not compete

with the cloud when it works OK.

ingvar_e:

Hi, did you check the logs ?

See also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/13542#cloud

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
  • www.mql5.com
How ticks are generated : The Algorithm of Ticks’ Generation.

angevoyageur:

Hi, did you check the logs ?

See also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/13542#cloud

I see nothing out of the ordinary in the logs client log and strategy tester log

The strategy tester screen  says:

- 0  agents out of 1 used

- 1783 available of  1783

- Tasks/Passed    502/505

- Processing

-  511 processed out of 10496 has been done.

It has been like this for at least 10 minutes, Nothing happens, CPU idle

I have copied the log files and taken screen shots. I stopped the strategy tester and restarted it. Now has done 1200 passes

Reason: