Experts: ExpertZZLWA

ExpertZZLWA:

The Expert Advisor allows checking the potential profitability of the ZigZagLW Addition indicator.

Author: Gayrat Madumarov

Several years have passed since the publication of this model. It is possible to conduct a retrospective analysis of how this system worked on the market with the initial parameters.

fig2

fig3

fig1

In fact, this system had been ready at the end of 2016, but I did not publish it until the end of 2017. I mentioned this for completeness. We will start from the actual publication date. Let's test this period when the system showed steady growth.

fig5

fig6

fig8

The system looks stable, what can happen in the near future where it starts to fall uncontrollably. Let's explore this period:

fig7

fig8 fig9

The result is discouraging. On a long test, this area falls like an avalanche. I found three possible explanations for this phenomenon:

1. There have been fundamental changes in the market.

This version, in my opinion, does not stand up to criticism due to the change in the relative position of the equity and balance lines with unchanged stop loss and take profit ratios.

fig10

2. Insufficiently good quality of historical data.

fig10

As you can see, this is an indisputable fact. But the degree of influence on the result is a subject for further research.

3. A buffer overflow has occurred. In my opinion, this is indicated by the different results obtained when testing on the long section 2017.01.01-2022.12.31 and on the short unprofitable section 2020.02.19-2022.12.31, given that the historical data are the same.

It would seem most correct to add up revenues for periods where no buffer overflow was supposed to occur:

2849.07 + 425.20 = 3274.27

But that's not the point. The most important thing is that this system continues to show profitability for five years from the moment of its development.

Reason: