Used Margin On Each Order

Am i right that MT4 will not store what each individual trade margin is per a trade? Can i select a order and just display what has been put up for this order? I understand i can do the calculation which is very straight forward but things get a little tricky with tiered margin. Thanks for your help.

bakesMike:
Am i right that MT4 will not store what each individual trade margin is per a trade? Can i select a order and just display what has been put up for this order? I understand i can do the calculation which is very straight forward but things get a little tricky with tiered margin. Thanks for your help.

No, MT4 doesn't report the margin usage on each ticket, nor is it that simple. The complication is hedged orders. Let's say that you simultaneously have a buy ticket for 1.00 lots and a sell ticket for 0.25 lots in the same symbol. Brokers may variously calculate margin based on any of the following rules:

1. Total volume, i.e. 1.25 lots
  2. The larger of the long and short positions, i.e. 1.00 lots
  3. The net position, i.e. 0.75 lots

If the broker does (2) or (3), then an individual ticket doesn't have its own margin usage. It's potentially dependent on what other hedged tickets are open for the same symbol.

Similarly, any tiered margin may - usually will - be applied to your total position in a symbol, not to each ticket individually. If you have two (unhedged) buy tickets for 1.00 lots, then the tiered margin is potentially applied to the total of 2.00 lots, not individually to each ticket of 1.00 lots.

Reason: