Excel bridge

Is anyone aware of a MT4 script which would read from and write to Excel?   I know that there's one product easily found with googling.   But the reviews aren't that great. 

I can get python or other code written for this but I assume someone else already has the pieces.

Thanks

RTaylor:

Is anyone aware of a MT4 script which would read from and write to Excel?   I know that there's one product easily found with googling.   But the reviews aren't that great. 

I can get python or other code written for this but I assume someone else already has the pieces.

Thanks

You could write your own . . . .

https://docs.mql4.com/files/fileopen

open_flags

[in] combination of flags determining the operation mode for the file. The flags are defined as follows:
FILE_READ file is opened for reading
FILE_WRITE file is opened for writing
FILE_BIN binary read-write mode (no conversion from a string and to a string)
FILE_CSV file of csv type (all recorded items are converted to the strings of unicode or ansi type, and are separated by a delimiter)
FILE_TXT a simple text file (the same as csv, but the delimiter is not taken into account)
FILE_ANSI lines of ANSI type (single-byte symbols)
FILE_UNICODE lines of UNICODE type (double-byte characters)
FILE_SHARE_READ shared reading from several programs
FILE_SHARE_WRITE shared writing from several programs
FILE_COMMON location of the file in a shared folder for all client terminals \Terminal\Common\Files

FileOpen - File Functions - MQL4 Reference
FileOpen - File Functions - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
[in]  The name of the file can contain subfolders. If the file is opened for writing, these subfolders will be created if there are no such ones. [in]  value to be used as a separator in txt or csv-file. If the csv-file delimiter is not specified, the default delimiter is ";". If the txt-file delimiter is not specified, then no separator is...

Thanks everyone.   I'll take a look.

RTaylor:
Thanks everyone.   I'll take a look.

<external link removed>

Search for "forexfactory metatrader to excel and back"
Reason: