VPS time with Oanda

Hello,

I just set up a VPS through MT4 (https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/vps) and synced it with an Oanda practice account. The MT4 platform Market Watch time and the VPS Details (CPU, Memory, Disk and Journal entries) times are different by one hour. Which time should I care about if I have an EA running that depends on the Hour?

Thanks!

Mike

Virtual Hosting in MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
Virtual Hosting in MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
  • www.metatrader4.com
The virtual hosting provides round-the-clock operation of the client terminal (Forex VPS). This is very convenient if you use trading robots or copy deals using trading signals. The virtual hosting service allows your trades to be executed at any time with minimum delay! Renting a virtual server right from the MetaTrader 4 terminal is the...

Moved to right section.

fxmile:

Hello,

I just set up a VPS through MT4 (https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/vps) and synced it with an Oanda practice account. The MT4 platform Market Watch time and the VPS Details (CPU, Memory, Disk and Journal entries) times are different by one hour. Which time should I care about if I have an EA running that depends on the Hour?

Thanks!

Mike

Your EA settings must correspond to the VPS server time.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your EA settings must correspond to the VPS server time.

Hi Eleni, thank you for your reply! 

The VPS server time is what I am trying to figure out. I am not sure if that means EST since the VPS is in New York, or if it's the Market Watch time shown in MT4 when I'm connected to the account containing the VPS, or if it's the time shown in the VPS Details (CPU, Journal, etc...). 

Files:

Actually, I think I narrowed it down. I added

Print("Last known server time: ", TimeCurrent());

to the EA, synced with the VPS and checked the journal entries. The reported time matched the Market Watch time, which is what I was hoping for. :)

Thanks again!

Mike

Reason: