no trailing stop loss on available on my platform

can some one help sort this out, the trailing stop loss on the platform does not simply work at all. my broker is pepperstone and they cant help me either

can some one work this out for me

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...
Files:

the info given does not apply

i need to work out why i have no trailing stop on my platform

below is a diagram showing what the trade looks like without a trailing stop loss

Files:
well12.png  414 kb

Ronald Sebanja: the info given does not apply

i need to work out why i have no trailing stop on my platform

Per your image, you didn't create an order with a SL. Therefor you can't enable a trailing SL.

whroeder1: Per your image, you didn't create an order with a SL. Therefor you can't enable a trailing SL.

I also considered that possibility, so I tested it out myself on MT4 and MT5 and I had no problem adding trailing stops even for orders without an initial S/L.

There must be some other reason for the problem, but I don't know what it could be.

Ronald Sebanja: can some one help sort this out, the trailing stop loss on the platform does not simply work at all. my broker is pepperstone and they cant help me either

can some one work this out for me

Are you perhaps following a Signal on that account?

I'm not claiming that to be the reason. I'm just trying to get an idea of possible influences that might cause the issue.

Reason: