Backtesting a Renko EA

Backtesting a Renko EA on MT4

Is it possible?

If yes how?

Please Help :(

Azid Sanu: Backtesting a Renko EA on MT4 - Is it possible? If yes how?

Yes! Assuming the Renko EA requires the use of an MT4 Offline Chart, then there are two ways:

1. One way is to use 3rd party tools to generate FXT backtest files in a OHLC format in accordance to the Renko rules/parameters, just like the Offline Chart data.
  2. Another way, is to modify the EA so that it auto-generates the Renko data so that it will no longer depend on an Offline Chart and in so doing can be tested as a regular EA.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes! Assuming the Renko EA requires the use of an MT4 Offline Chart, then there are two ways:

1. One way is to use 3rd party tools to generate FXT backtest files in a OHLC format in accordance to the Renko rules/parameters, just like the Offline Chart data.
  2. Another way, is to modify the EA so that it auto-generates the Renko data so that it will no longer depend on an Offline Chart and in so doing can be tested as a regular EA.
Thanks

Azid Sanu:
Thanks
1. Do you know which third party software I can use?

Azid Sanu: 1. Do you know which third party software I can use?

Advertising is not allowed here, so use Google with keywords "Renko FXT Builder"!

Fernando Carreiro:

Advertising is not allowed here, so use Google with keywords "Renko FXT Builder"!

Thank you very much I will give this a go
Reason: