margin level explain please anyone - page 2

plodder:

I can not seem to get iqoption on here :/

You should start from the broker's website.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The margin level is the percentage of your Equity/Margin.

HI PLODDER ,

THE AMOUNT DEPOSITED INTO YOUR TRADE ACCOUNT IS THE REFLECTIVE BALANCE . SAY YOU DEPOSIT  $1000 INTO  A TRADER . WHEN YOU OPEN A "BUY" POSITION , USUALLY WHEN THE MARKET PRICE 

LOWERS THAN ITS PAST FOUR HOURS OR SO .THE "MARGIN " BEGINS AFTER THE MARKET PRICE MOVES ABOVE OR BELOW YOUR PURCHASE PRICE . THE "MARGIN " REQUIREMENT IS THE AMOUNT THAT THE 

MARKET MOVES BELOW YOUR OWN POSITION THAT YOU BOUGHT WITH YOUR BALANCE . THE BROKER THAT YOU REGISTER WITH KEEPS A LIMIT ON IT . IT ALSO MEANS THAT IF YOUR $1000 BALANCE EXPIRE

MEANING THAT IT EXPIRES IF =$1000 IS LOST , USUALLY WHEN AFTER YOU OPEN A "BUY " POSITION AND GO AWAY FROM YOUR SCREEN FOR A FEW HOURS AND FIND THAT YOUR CASH HAS GONE !!

THE FURTHER THE MARKET PRICE LOWERS AFTER YOUR OWN "BUY" POSITION THE LESS MARGIN YOU HAVE FOR YOUR EQUITY . MEANING THAT AFTER YOUR MARGIN EXPIRES YOU HAVE TO TOP UP YOUR 

ACCOUNT ONCE YOUR MARGIN REACHES ZERO . THE ART AND FUN OF WATCHING YOUR PROFITS GROW WITH FOLLOWING THE RIGHT METHOD WILL KEEP YOU ABOVE MARGIN CALL . THE POPULAR 

METHOD OF BUYING LOW AND SELLING AT A HIGHER POSITION KEEPS MOST TRADERS ABOVE LOSING THEIR MARGIN .

hi paul :) what do you think about the margin/free margin here  could you explain a little please :)

Files:

plodder:

hi paul :) what do you think about the margin/free margin here  could you explain a little please :)

You are overexposed, if the market moves against you, you will be in trouble.

heya anna :)

ok these are the only 2 trades on now please explain over exposed howto fix it and what are you seeing in the picture..... I'm new :)

Files:

plodder:

heya anna :)

ok these are the only 2 trades on now please explain over exposed howto fix it and what are you seeing in the picture..... I'm new :)

Your EURUSD trade is only 5 pips against you and you already loosing £163.

If it moves more than 70-100 pips against (which is not unusual, its less than the average daily range of EURUSD), you will have a margin call.

You should use a lot size calculator, in order to calculate the correct size of a trade, by entering your desired stop loss level and the maximum percentage that you want to risk.

It it prudent not to risk more than 2-3% per trade, some traders risk even less than that, in order to survive the market.

(I see of course that your trades are in demo mode, but its better to learn in demo mode than to risk your own money)

heres another screen shot :) anyone feel free to reply if your willing to be helpfull. thank you :)

Files:

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your EURUSD trade is only 5 pips against you and you already loosing £163.

If it moves more than 70-100 pips against, you will have a margin call.

You should use a lot size calculator, in order to calculate the correct size of a trade, by entering your desired stop loss level and the maximum percentage that you want to risk.

It it prudent not to risk more than 2-3% per trade, some traders risk even less than that, in order to survive the market.

thank you anna :)

can a mod change the name of this topic to help plodder please ?

ok I'm opening a live account up but curious what type is best classic big spread no commission or pro no spread but with commission ?

also the broker only uses MT4 is MT4 a lot different/worse than MT5 ?

Reason: