Closed Orders

Hello - I'm new to the MT4 platform. I had some pending orders that I thought were at a really good price; The price continued to fall and my orders were all closed (due to my margin). Since then (about an hour ago) the price has gone back up and I would now already be well above the 25% threshold margin. 

My question - Is there any way to reopen these orders? Deposit more money, or maybe there's a function I am missing.

I might just be a rookie to this and have lost those funds, but if there is a way to reopen, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi,

You can't reopen closed orders.

Regards,

Mounir Cheikh:

Hi,

You can't reopen closed orders.

Regards,

Even if I didn’t close them myself? It seems silly that they close automatically after the 25% stop loss is met. I understand why they were closed, so the broker can’t lose money, but I would already have made that money back. Is there anything I can do? 

122221:

Hello - I'm new to the MT4 platform. I had some pending orders that I thought were at a really good price; The price continued to fall and my orders were all closed (due to my margin). Since then (about an hour ago) the price has gone back up and I would now already be well above the 25% threshold margin. 

My question - Is there any way to reopen these orders? Deposit more money, or maybe there's a function I am missing.

I might just be a rookie to this and have lost those funds, but if there is a way to reopen, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Aaron

No chance, just forget those orders and move forwards 

You have to focus on the mistake you've made in order to avoid it in the future.

They are closed, end of their story. Handle your risk properly and margin wouldn't have been a problem

Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the pair.
  • You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  • Account Balance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/pip but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)
  • Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency (EUR, in this case).
              MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers.
  • You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  • You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5=0.1 Lots maximum.
  • Use a EA GUI EA for MT4: Indicators: 'Money Manager Graphic Tool' indicator by 'takycard' Forum - Page 5
  • Reason: