How to get the best settings in an indicator?

Hello people!

I'm wondering how to get the best settings for an indicator. I don't know how to get it. I was trying creating an EA just using this indicator and getting the bests results. The EA was only created to get the best settings for this indicator.

After that, I realized that it wasn't a good idea. Do you know how to do that properly??

Thank you in advance partners! 

• If you created the system for manual trading so you know the settings of the indicator.
  • if you created the system for manual trading and do not know the settings of indicator - it means that you did not create anything.

:)

Try to trade on demo using this indicator ... for from 1 day to few weeks ...

newdigital:
  • If you created the system for manual trading so you know the settings of the indicator.
  • if you created the system for manual trading and do not know the settings of indicator - it means that you did not create anything.

:)

Try to trade on demo using this indicator ... for from 1 day to few weeks ...

I got it, but imagine the situation. I get one indicator and I think that could be interesting. I try to introduce into my system, but....how can do that? I mean, I have to get the most profitable settings! I don't know how to do that exactly.

I get your idea, but in my case I'm thinking in something automated.

dream3r:

I get your idea, but in my case I'm thinking in something automated.

If you want something automated, why your original idea (an EA) wasn't good for you?

figurelli:
If you want something automated, why your original idea (an EA) wasn't good for you?

@figurellu It does not mean that the original idea wasn't good. But you can imagine that I find a good indicator and I want use it with maximum potential of it in an strategy. How can do it? With which settings? It's difficult to get the best setting...I understand your answers, it's just that is a philosophical question hehe.

dream3r:

@figurellu It does not mean that the original idea wasn't good. But you can imagine that I find a good indicator and I want use it with maximum potential of it in an strategy. How can do it? With which settings? It's difficult to get the best setting...I understand your answers, it's just that is a philosophical question hehe.

Yes, you are right, but if you have a good indicator probably you just need now a good money and risk management to join.
Reason: