Volumes real or fake?

Greetings to all,

Can anyone answer if the volume indicator acctually shows real volumes or is it just a "spike" in price change?

broodforge:

Greetings to all,

Can anyone answer if the volume indicator acctually shows real volumes or is it just a "spike" in price change?

The volume data is usually lots traded within the broker that provides it.

broodforge:

Greetings to all,

My understanding of volume is that, for retail Forex, there is no a centralized exchange bourse which could provide real volumes. Forex are just tick volumes, which are nothing more than a counter of price changes. And this is at the broker level.

I think "volume" as an indicator can still be used, but I'm not sure if it can be considered a leading indicator; rather, it can be used as confirmation of when prices move in the direction of a trend. (I'm open to suggestion on this last remark.)

It can be used to identify the most active instruments, because who want's to trade a instrument that is barely moving at all.

It does not tell anything about direction so the trending filter can come after the volumes selector.

I think that is realfake )

Itum:
I think that is realfake )
Well that was what I suspected !=)
THanks all to all replies!
Reason: