Volumes real or fake?

To add comments, please log in or register
broodforge
broodforge  

Greetings to all,

Can anyone answer if the volume indicator acctually shows real volumes or is it just a "spike" in price change?

Eleni Anna Branou
Eleni Anna Branou  
broodforge:

Greetings to all,

Can anyone answer if the volume indicator acctually shows real volumes or is it just a "spike" in price change?

The volume data is usually lots traded within the broker that provides it.

Anthony Garot
Anthony Garot  
broodforge:

Greetings to all,

My understanding of volume is that, for retail Forex, there is no a centralized exchange bourse which could provide real volumes. Forex are just tick volumes, which are nothing more than a counter of price changes. And this is at the broker level.

I think "volume" as an indicator can still be used, but I'm not sure if it can be considered a leading indicator; rather, it can be used as confirmation of when prices move in the direction of a trend. (I'm open to suggestion on this last remark.)

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

It can be used to identify the most active instruments, because who want's to trade a instrument that is barely moving at all.

It does not tell anything about direction so the trending filter can come after the volumes selector.

itum
itum  
I think that is realfake )
broodforge
broodforge  
Itum:
I think that is realfake )
Well that was what I suspected !=)
THanks all to all replies!
To add comments, please log in or register