What mistake do people normally make when they are trying to connect a signal and a VPS?
I have tried everything I know to get it to work, but it doesn't seem to.
The signal isn't working and the VPS consequently isn't working.
I have tried subscribing, favoriting, ticking the four boxes on the signals page, and autotrading.
I am using meta trader 4, and I am stumped as to what I am doing wrong.
Kind regards, and my apologies if this is a dumb question that has been answered in the annuls of time.
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
I don't mean to sound silly, but that is exactly what I have done.
It's not synchronizing for some reason.
Check your journal and see what gives as the problem.
Try to follow only the VPS instructions:
1. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
2. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
3. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
4. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
6. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
It says Synchronization finished successfully, but it is still not trading.
I know there are six trades going on right now with this signal.
I still don't know what is wrong.
There must be a reason that these 6 open trades are not copied.
Check your signal tab settings, you maybe put some strict factors that are not allowing these trades to be copied.
What is your copying ratio? Maybe its to low and these trades cannot be opened at all.
Some other time, a member here was trying to copy a $10.000 account signal with his $10 account and of course he couldn't.
This is very frustrating. I just uninstalled and reinstalled meta trader 4.
The signal is not copying. I have more money in my balance than the trader has in their account.
My copying ratio open and good.
I don't know why it's not working, and I don't know who to turn to to get it to work.
I'm using a different forex broker now.
I'm just curious, how do I know if my account is actually using VPS?
What should the journal say?
so to assume that you are now synchronizing OK?
right click on the journal, Clear the Journal
send us the journal lines
Yes synchronizing with new signal. There was something wrong with the old one.
Want to know if the VPS I subscribed to is copying trades.
It says Virtual Hosting status is started.
So logically it should copy on VPS?