Web Terminal - no trailing stop?

I am using the MetaTrader 5 Web Terminal, and I am not able to find the 'Trailing Stop' command in the contextual menu of my orders.

Does it mean there is NO trailing stop feature in the Web version of MT5?

vaklam2:

I am using the MetaTrader 5 Web Terminal, and I am not able to find the 'Trailing Stop' command in the contextual menu of my orders.

Does it mean there is NO trailing stop feature in the Web version of MT5?

Trailing stop is operating by the desktop terminal (not by the server).

As the nature of the Web terminal use case (as well as mobile terminals) do not assume persistent and stable environment (including browser and internet connection), we cannot implement this feature.

Otherwise we will receive lot of complains from users who's trailing stop was not triggered because of browser was crashed or web terminal's tab was accidentally closed.

Aytugan Khafizov:

Trailing stop is operating by the desktop terminal (not by the server).

As the nature of the Web terminal use case (as well as mobile terminals) do not assume persistent and stable environment (including browser and internet connection), we cannot implement this feature.

Otherwise we will receive lot of complains from users who's trailing stop was not triggered because of browser was crashed or web terminal's tab was accidentally closed.

That's fair. Thank you for the clear explanation.

I have the same problem, i.e ".. I am not able to find the 'Trailing Stop' command in the contextual menu of my orders".  I don't understand "Trailing stop is operating by the desktop terminal (not by the server)".  In my understanding, my desktop M/C is the 'client', not the 'server'.  So can you please explain?  Any help much appreciated.

A browser (or web terminal) is not suitable for performing trailing stop function.

If you need that functionality use the Desktop terminal.

hughog49 I am not able to find the 'Trailing Stop' command in the contextual menu of my orders".  I don't understand "Trailing stop is operating by the desktop terminal (not by the server)".  In my understanding, my desktop M/C is the 'client', not the 'server'.
  1. Right Click on the order, on the chart or in the Trade Tab → Trailing Stop… The distance is in points (never PIPs.)
  2. As the market makes new extremes, the desktop terminal tells the server to move the stop loss. The server never moves the SL on it's own.
  3. Correct. Your desktop terminal is the client, not the server.

vaklam2:

That's fair. Thank you for the clear explanation.

What is the difference between your mobile servers and that of oanda? They operate trailing stop even on mobile. So why can't Metatrader implement it in either of mt4, mt5 or both mobile platforms? Do you recognise that this is a critical feature?

Marco vd Heijden #:

A browser (or web terminal) is not suitable for performing trailing stop function.

If you need that functionality use the Desktop terminal.

So did you mean if you close mt4 application it will not execute trailing stop while it is offline? 

@Divyanshu #: So did you mean if you close mt4 application it will not execute trailing stop while it is offline? 
Correct! Trailing stop is handled by the terminal, not the broker.
Reason: