Tick volume is empty in demo mode

Hey all,

i am playing around with market infos and like to do some calculations. As i tried accessing the Tick information i saw that there is no volume information:

( Ref: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/structures/mqltick )

MqlTick last_tick;

//---
if(SymbolInfoTick(Symbol(),last_tick)) {
   Print(last_tick.time,": Bid = ",last_tick.bid,
            " Ask = ",last_tick.ask,"  Volume = ",last_tick.volume);
}else{
   Print("SymbolInfoTick() failed, error = ",GetLastError());
}

Does anyone cam tell me why i can't see the volume information ?

Thank you

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Data Structures / Price Data Structure
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Data Structures / Price Data Structure
  • www.mql5.com
This is a structure for storing the latest prices of the symbol. It is designed for fast retrieval of the most requested information about current prices. The parameters of each tick are filled in regardless of whether there are changes compared to the previous tick. Thus, it is possible to find out a...

Christian Stern:

Hey all,

i am playing around with market infos and like to do some calculations. As i tried accessing the Tick information i saw that there is no volume information:

( Ref: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/structures/mqltick )

Does anyone cam tell me why i can't see the volume information ?

Thank you

Your broker probably doesn't support it. This is really more of a futures feature. 

nicholishen:

Your broker probably doesn't support it. This is really more of a futures feature. 

Thank you for the fast answer :D .. i am using the default "IMPACT Demo" konto. In MT5 there is no other broker. Do you know which broker i can use ?

Christian Stern:

Thank you for the fast answer :D .. i am using the default "IMPACT Demo" konto. In MT5 there is no other broker. Do you know which broker i can use ?

For futures? Try amp