my mt4 is not responding or opening

hello can someone assist me i made a mistake on my mt4 plartfom after installing indicator ,instead of leaving it lik(or selecting ex4 file to be default opener)e that i selected ( operamini) to open all my indicators on my plartfom.now my mt4 can't open and i dont know what to do now please advise.

thanks

ntha:

hello can someone assist me i made a mistake on my mt4 plartfom after installing indicator ,instead of leaving it lik(or selecting ex4 file to be default opener)e that i selected ( operamini) to open all my indicators on my plartfom.now my mt4 can't open and i dont know what to do now please advise.

thanks

Remove it & re-install 
Let us know what will happen?

No need to remove the terminal. Just delete the indicator.EX4 It can't start what doesn't exist.

whroeder1:

No need to remove the terminal. Just delete the indicator.EX4 It can't start what doesn't exist.

...or go to \MT4\profiles and delete the default folder

Delete the indicator and try installing it again. In the worst case scenario you may have to reinstall the platform again.

There are many responses about deleting the indicator and or folder, but it would be sufficient to just rename the indicator folder to something like indicator_old.

Then the system will not be able to find the file responsible for the crash and you still have the old folder with data so you can one by one place them back into a newly made indicators folder.

Marco vd Heijden:

There are many responses about deleting the indicator and or folder, but it would be sufficient to just rename the indicator folder to something like indicator_old.

Then the system will not be able to find the file responsible for the crash and you still have the old folder with data so you can one by one place them back into a newly made indicators folder.

The MT4/profiles/default folder holds the chart config files that tells the platform to load the indicator/s. It's much easier to simply delete the default folder and load up a clean slate than it is to rename load, save, un-rename, etc.

I have never tried to rename the indicator folder when I've had a problem like this. It hasn't even occurred to me, sometimes I've even had to reinstall the whole platform. I'll try that next time I have such a problem though.

Reason: