Getting the number of arrows on chart, but none of them listed on the objects list..

Hi all...

I have an indicator that paints some arrows and Im trying to show an alert as soon as the indicator paints an arrow. The problem is that the function ObjectsTotal does not works in this case, because none of the arrows is listed in the objects list... no idea how to get that number.

Any idea of how the indicator could be coded in order to "hide" those objects, but still been able to display it on the chart.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

rjorge99: I have an indicator that paints some arrows and Im trying to show an alert as soon as the indicator paints an arrow. The problem is that the function ObjectsTotal does not works in this case, because none of the arrows is listed in the objects list... no idea how to get that number. Any idea of how the indicator could be coded in order to "hide" those objects, but still been able to display it on the chart.
They are are probably Indicator Buffers and not Graphical Objects! You will have to show your code for more detailed answers.

Thats the problem, I dont have the code :(..

I was trying to show the alert as soon as an arrow was painted based on the number of objects,, but this didnt work.

Thansk for the answer.

rjorge99:

Hi all...

I have an indicator that paints some arrows and Im trying to show an alert as soon as the indicator paints an arrow. The problem is that the function ObjectsTotal does not works in this case, because none of the arrows is listed in the objects list... no idea how to get that number.

Any idea of how the indicator could be coded in order to "hide" those objects, but still been able to display it on the chart.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

The "hiding" is simple :

ObjectSetInteger(ChartID,object name,OBJPROP_HIDDEN,true);

But that only "hides" it in the list of objects (partially, since if you press "show all" it still will be displayed in the list of objects) - you can access any object on the chart if you know it's name. If you know the name, use that name to access all the properties of the object you want

Reason: