How to change the default settings for price alert in mt4? - page 2

1. Mosleur Rahaman Riad:

First Open the MetaTrader Terminal window and click on the “alerts” tab

Step 2: “Create” price alert window

Or mouse to a price level on the chart → right click → Trade → Alert

2. Shuzo Sakata: Default action of the alert should be notification, not sound.

Payman: still the same problem!

Answered at #3 2017.11.30 Change the default to what you want.

Hi William, it doesn't stick on notification, it just reverts back to sound. cheers

Hey, what I believe he's trying to do is exactly what I'm trying to do.  I want to set the alert to alert sound 'news' instead of 'alert' and have a 15 min time limit, 50 alerts within that time set automatically.  I just want to set the alert at the price, and move on knowing everything is already set to my specifications.  We ask because sometimes the chart locks up when you click to modify the price alert.  Just trying to avoid locking it up...Or, I should get more RAM, I know...But, in the meantime, would love to know how to set this at automatic settings. 

Thanks

Hi 

I found a solution for your problem finally. 

go to mt4 sound folder, delete the alert.wav file and paste your custom default sound to alert.wav (exactly this name) 

it will change your default alert sound.

I know it's not the main problem solve but it looks like mt4 has a bug in this setting. 

cheers. 

having the same issue... well after realizing that this problem has no solution, I have just started using just a 0.01 lot sized pending order as a notification.
Reason: