Candle GMT offset - page 2

I have never used it and i do not plan using it .

Tzvetan Jordanov: Come on guys, help please.Is it impossible ?

Just use some common sense and look up dependencies. Lookup first what timezone and DST your broker uses and then just adjust.

For example, if your broker uses UTC+2/3 and DST occurs on European DST dates, then just use take the bars date, and correct for the timezone and adjust for the DST changeover dates.

Here are some details form another user that will help:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

BROKER GMT+2

whroeder1, 2017.11.13 20:12

Fernando Carreiro:

Just use some common sense and look up dependencies. Lookup first what timezone and DST your broker uses and then just adjust.

For example, if your broker uses UTC+2/3 and DST occurs on European DST dates, then just use take the bars date, and correct for the timezone and adjust for the DST changeover dates.

Here are some details form another user that will help:

Thank you for your reply Fernando!

It should be some simple way to get this info from a candle in the past I think.

Guys, I need some working peace of code for this, please.

Tzvetan Jordanov:

Guys, I need some working peace of code for this, please.

What have you tried so far?
Show us some code, and we will help you from there.

Tzvetan Jordanov: Guys, I need some working peace of code for this, please.

You can do search but I don't think there is any example as far as I know! You will have to implement your own code or hire someone to do it for you.

However if you have the pacience to take a look at Birt's Tick Data Suite old CSV2FXT conversion script, you should get the necessary logic, as it does Time-Zone and DST conversions for the data.

Files:

Fernando Carreiro:

You can do search but I don't think there is any example as far as I know! You will have to implement your own code or hire someone to do it for you.

However if you have the pacience to take a look at Birt's Tick Data Suite old CSV2FXT conversion script, you should get the necessary logic, as it does Time-Zone and DST conversions for the data.

I had the patience to go through the code in the files you sent .

The guy is doing the conversation and the setting which I need to find pragmatically(GMT offset), he is setting up via manual input there.

Anyways I really appreciate your help!

Mohamad Zulhairi Baba:

What have you tried so far?
Show us some code, and we will help you from there.

Hmm, good point tho. I cannot show anything because I don't know where to start from really.

Tzvetan Jordanov:

I had the patience to go through the code in the files you sent .

The guy is doing the conversation and the setting which I need to find pragmatically(GMT offset), he is setting up via manual input there.

Anyways I really appreciate your help!

But that is exactly what you have to do. The broker’s TimeZone and DST need to be set manually via an input. It is not available anywhere programatically.

So the code is exactly what you need but in reverse. His code converts UTC into broker time, so you just need to do the reverse!

Fernando Carreiro:
But that is exactly what you have to do. The broker’s TimeZone and DST need to be set manually via an input. It is not available anywhere programatically.

So the code is exactly what you need but in reverse. His code converts UTC into broker time, so you just need to do the reverse!

What I actually need to code is indicator which draws a vertical line on the day the timezone of the broker has been changed. This is happening once on every 6 month.

So how to set the timezone in the input when this is what I'm looking for actually ? :)

Today the broker's timezone is +1 and in 6 months +2

Or I'm messing something up ?

Reason: