MT5 or MT4

• 44% (19)
  • 33% (14)
  • 23% (10)
Total voters: 43

Just wondering because I was pondering writing an article for MT4 but the option does not seem to be available when creating a new article. If this is true, I guess some or a lot of the current MT5 articles are applicable to MT4. Also wondering what is the percentage of MT4 users verses MT5 users?

I use MT4, because most brokers provide good conditions for working with MT4. In addition, I'm used to MT4, and I do not want to think about Hedging and Netting and other things that I do not like. I want to think directly about trading. I want to think on which currency pair I want to open a deal? Which timeframe to choose? How to find the entry point and exit point? And, here, when the transaction is over, I want to see a clear line: the opening time of the transaction, the time of its closing and the size of the profit. I do not want to think long, how do I decipher the words "in" and "out"? And where is the profit? So I choose MT4.

John Davis:

Just wondering because I was pondering writing an article for MT4 but the option does not seem to be available when creating a new article. If this is true, I guess some or a lot of the current MT5 articles are applicable to MT4. Also wondering what is the percentage of MT4 users verses MT5 users?

Yes, MT5 is the only option for articles for quite some time. Nevertheless, you can consider writing your article in a cross-platform way, that is suitable for both MT5 and MT4.

Reason: