Another MQL4 question on how to calculate pips, pip price, etc - page 2

So that just leaves:

1. what's wrong with using MODE_TICKVALUE as some threads suggest?
  2. how does one make this work for something like XAUUSD as it doesn't seem to calculate properly for that?

add 1) The tickvalue without the ticksize might lead to something you don't want!

add 2) As there is no common unit for ticksize, lotsize, digitals - compare these for e.g. EURUSD against Gold, Silver, Dax, .... As I said the brokers do what the want!

Carl Schreiber:

add 1) The tickvalue without the ticksize might lead to something you don't want!

add 2) As there is no common unit for ticksize, lotsize, digitals - compare these for e.g. EURUSD against Gold, Silver, Dax, .... As I said the brokers do what the want!

1) how do you mean?

2) ok, so any suggested solution?

truelifeajf:

1) how do you mean?

2) ok, so any suggested solution?

add 1) e.g 5 digits (0.00001) but ticksize = 0.00005

add 2) you have to find your own solution for that.

Carl Schreiber:

add 1) e.g 5 digits (0.00001) but ticksize = 0.00005

add 2) you have to find your own solution for that.

Ah ok, so when questions are asked in a forum here, the expected response is, "work it out yourself".

Awesome.

I actually worked it all out myself AND provided for others benefit my answer because the initial responses were of similar vain... telling me to go do some basic research and learn forex... the assumption being I guess that I was a) a newbie and b) unwilling to make an effort to work it out myself.

What a waste of time.

truelifeajf: What a waste of time.

Yep you have wasted everyone's. We gave you the math, we gave you the code, and we gave you the why.

You haven't posted a single question or statement that you understood the answers given. #4 is wrong per the math. #7 is wrong, there is no times ten, and you were warning about multiplying by just TickValue.

Since you can't use any of those, you have only one choice, Freelance.

Reason: