Meta Editor Will Not Open

I am wanting to start trying to code my own EA's, but every time I try to open the Meta Quotes Language Editor in my MT4 desktop platform, I get "Initialization Error 4" and then the journal states "MetaEditor not found".

I have created the exact same firewall settings and rules that allow my MT4 platform to open, so I do not understand why I am getting errors.  Can someone provide any help as to how to get the Meta Editor to open?

cgermanjr12:

I am wanting to start trying to code my own EA's, but every time I try to open the Meta Quotes Language Editor in my MT4 desktop platform, I get "Initialization Error 4" and then the journal states "MetaEditor not found".

I have created the exact same firewall settings and rules that allow my MT4 platform to open, so I do not understand why I am getting errors.  Can someone provide any help as to how to get the Meta Editor to open?

Try calling it from both the Terminal as well as from the Windows menu system. Check also to see if the "metaeditor.exe" file is indeed at the same directory as the "terminal.exe" or not.

If all else fails, try reinstalling the complete application from scratch (but make backup copies first).

Reason: