Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Do you want to deposit to your account? Do this in any convenient way!
daveh551
daveh551 2014.03.10 02:34 

This has me baffled.  I'm drawing a horizontal line on my chart, and allowing the user to select and drag it to vary a value. I'm handling a CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG event,  and the object is recognized, raises the event, and passes the name of the object in the sparam.  But when I do an "ObjectGetDouble(0, objectName, OBJPROP_PRICE, 0, propertyValue)", it's returning false (failure), the propertyValue remains 0.0, and GetLastError() reports 4202 (ERR_OBJECT_DOES_NOT_EXIST).

How can it exist and raise and event, but not exist when I try to get its property? 

Rodrigo Malacarne
Rodrigo Malacarne 2014.03.10 04:36  
daveh551:

This has me baffled.  I'm drawing a horizontal line on my chart, and allowing the user to select and drag it to vary a value. I'm handling a CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG event,  and the object is recognized, raises the event, and passes the name of the object in the sparam.  But when I do an "ObjectGetDouble(0, objectName, OBJPROP_PRICE, 0, propertyValue)", it's returning false (failure), the propertyValue remains 0.0, and GetLastError() reports 4202 (ERR_OBJECT_DOES_NOT_EXIST).

How can it exist and raise and event, but not exist when I try to get its property? 

Are you trying to get the object property while dragging it? Why don't you use CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK instead?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.03.10 08:58  
daveh551:

Please show code to reproduce your problem.
daveh551
daveh551 2014.03.10 11:18  
angevoyageur:
Please show code to reproduce your problem.

Here's the code:

void OnChartEvent(const int id,const long& lparam,const double& dparam,const string& sparam)

{

if(id == CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG && sparam == baseLineName)

{

ResetLastError();

long currentChart = ChartID();

double lineValue;

bool success = ObjectGetDouble(0, baseLineName, OBJPROP_PRICE, 0, lineValue);

if(!success)

{   

int lastError = GetLastError();

Alert("ObjectGetDouble() [", baseLineName,"] failed: ", ErrorDescription(lastError), " (", lastError, ")");

return;

}

I do some other things with lineValue after that code, but the error has occurred by the "if (!success)" block.

Thanks for your help. 

Rodrigo Malacarne
Rodrigo Malacarne 2014.03.10 12:20  
daveh551:

Here's the code:

I do some other things with lineValue after that code, but the error has occurred by the "if (!success)" block.

Thanks for your help. 

Hello Daveh,

instead of using CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG I suggest you to use CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK...

Something like this:

void OnChartEvent(const int id,
                  const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
{
//---
   if(id==CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK)
   {
      string ClickedChartObject=sparam;
      Print("You clicked on the object named '"+sparam+"'");
      //--- 
      if(ClickedChartObject == "baseLineName")
      Print("Object price = "+ObjectGetDouble(0, "baseLineName", OBJPROP_PRICE, 0));
      //---
      ChartRedraw();
   }

I hope it helps you somehow.

daveh551
daveh551 2014.03.10 13:35  
Malacarne:

Hello Daveh,

instead of using CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG I suggest you to use CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK...

Something like this:

I hope it helps you somehow.

The thing is that I don't want to get an event when the line is clicked on.  I only want an event when it's dragged to a new position.  So a) it does seem that CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG is the right event, and b) OnChartEvent is firing at the time that I want it to and c) whether I use OBJECT_CLICK or OBJECT_DRAG, I still need to read the value of the object property, and that is the call that's failing.  Unless there's an implementation error in CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_DRAG that is causing  MQL to think the object doesn't exist, then I don't see that using CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK would really solve anything.
Ralf
Ralf 2014.03.31 09:33  
Dave, you retreive the chart ID in your code and store it in variable currentChart. But in ObjectGetDouble you hardwire the chart ID to zero. If your chart is a sub-chart then this approach should not work.
/
To add comments, please log in or register