MT4 - Strategy Testor

On testing an EA - Report - Mismatched Chart Errors.  On one computer I get 115 errors on another I get 813 with exactly the same Expert Properties.  This of course changes the profits significantly.  Would you explain to me how this occurs and suggest how I might reduce this number.

Tom:
On testing an EA - Report - Mismatched Chart Errors.  On one computer I get 115 errors on another I get 813 with exactly the same Expert Properties.  This of course changes the profits significantly.  Would you explain to me how this occurs and suggest how I might reduce this number.
You do not have the same historical data on both computers. Mismatched Chart Errors do not depend on EA properties.

You could remove all your historical data (.hst files), then download historical M1 data for the symbol you are testing from the Download Center (only M1). Once the M1 TimeFrame is downloaded, use the Period Converter script to generate all the other TimeFrames (this will generate a .hst file for each Timeframe). This way you will not have
Mismatched Chart Errors anymore.

Finally, if you do not want to repeat the same process on the other computer, you could copy these new .hst files to a pendrive and replace them there.

Regards.
Period converter
Period converter
  • votes: 14
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The script is designed to create a non-standard symbol period based on the use of the standard period. For example, to create an H3 period of the selected symbol, it is necessary to: Open the H1 chart. Attach the 'Period_converter.mq4' script from the "Scripts" folder of the "Navigator" window to the chart. In the "General" tab flag the "Allow...

Tom:

Wow!  Thank you for that information and for a quick reply.

toldridge:

Wow!  Thank you for that information and for a quick reply.

You are welcome. Regards.
Reason: