Import Data to Metatrader 4

Hello,

I want export data to excel and change close prices  and  then import the excel into  metatrader.  I want metatrader show only close prices and not open, high, low.

Please give help

Mohamed

mohamedfeinz:

Hello,

I want export data to excel and change close prices  and  then import the excel into  metatrader.  I want metatrader show only close prices and not open, high, low.

Please give help

Mohamed

You can export data in real time via DDE to Excel and Open Office Calc.

First you must make sure that you have the DDE server enabled in your MT4 application.

Launch MT4, then click on Tools, then click Options, Then click on the Server tab, then make sure the box for "Enable DDE server" is checked, then click OK.

DDE will now be enabled for your MT4 client.

Please be aware that DDE is READ ONLY from MT4, you cannot use the built in DDE functions to send data back to MT4.

Look in your installed mt4 directory and you will see a file called DDE-Sample.xls

That should provide you a working example of how to configure your spreadsheet to get the data from MT4.

To send it back in, you will need to need to create a custom indicator or EA that can read the data back from it.

If you don't know how to program, you can hire someone to do it for you. There are numerous programmers on this website.

https://www.mql5.com/en/job/new

From experience, I would say it will run you in the area of $75.00 USD to $100.00 USD if you want it done correctly.

Good luck with your project.

- Jack

why do you want that? there are already the close prices on each candle

mrluck012:

why do you want that? there are already the close prices on each candle

The OP wants the data exported so they can process it via a spreadsheet. (Excel, Open Office Calc, etc)

It's useful to generate reports and technical analysis outside of the MT4 application.

- Jack

Jack Thomas:

The OP wants the data exported so they can process it via a spreadsheet. (Excel, Open Office Calc, etc)

It's useful to generate reports and technical analysis outside of the MT4 application.

- Jack

no, he wants to export data, then import again using offline charts, but only with close prices

Reason: