ATC Rules not so specific. - page 2

alohafx:
THANK GOD! THANK stringo! THANK MetaQuotes, all sponsors and all jury.
THANK yster, rforex and everyone here.

Now I got resurrection!

I love all you guys and I wish all other people here will be IN.
GOOD LUCK for everybody!

Can you share with us how this happened?

stringo:

I'm sorry. Your EA is extremely slow - 60% of testing take about 30 minutes. We cannot approve your EA

1) Why testing speed is a criteria for qualification? It is not trading speed but backtesting speed which is not going to affect real time trading.

2) Why is this not mentioned in the rules?

3) If testing speed is a criteria for qualification, MUST have mentioned this in the rules and I would have PLENTY of time to correct it! Why only informing this criteria AFTER the registration close and when the initial EA has been approved? The CPU & memory use on real trading is minimal.

I disagree with this reason given as it is like pulling the carpet from down under, most importantly, the backtesting speed is IRRELEVANT to the real trading! This is UNFAIR

As the EA contained no errors, it should be allowed to participate in the ATC. My EA is built for trading, not testing and that's why I did not bother about the slow testing process. Only if you guys have mentioned it, I'd have immediately corrected that.

elyan:
Can you share with us how this happened?

What I did were post here and pray...

rforex:

3) If testing speed is a criteria for qualification, MUST have mentioned this in the rules and I would have PLENTY of time to correct it! Why only informing this criteria AFTER the registration close and when the initial EA has been approved? The CPU & memory use on real trading is minimal.

II. Participants

8. The Organizer retains the right to decline a Participant in registration without an explanation, as well as disqualify a Participant, provided that an explanation is given.

alohafx:
Now I got resurrection!

How much duration of last test ?

notused:
How much duration of last test ?

They didn't give me any data.

Just like below.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Your EA is approved after manual check

2010.09.27 18:10 1 2010.09.27 18:10:05 stringo reply

//////////////////////////////////////////////

May be like the guess on my post.

All the unapproved EAs were manually rechecked. 3 of them were approved

elyan:
Thanks elyan for your suggestion, i will see if i can get in contact with one of the jury participants.
Reason: