Need HELP in optimization of my expert advisor

To add comments, please log in or register
Barabba44
Barabba44  

I used a lot of times the tester to find a stable configuration for my expert advisor using "real tick" mode and slow and low complete research, taking long period like 3 or 5 years, including the forward test but there is no one configuration that matches the backtest with the forward. This happens with more experts advisors I have. My ea works on CCI, MACD, STOCASTIC and RSI. How possible is that? Is there anyone can help me, please, about this situation? Can't use on forex market neither. If I research the last expiration of indexes I obtain some beautiful results that never going to be realized. Is there something wrong in the research method I do? How long do I have to research for indexes market? how long for eur-usd or forex market? what I have to do to obtain a good and stable configuration for a single market?

I really hope someone can answer me. I am going really crazy....

thanks

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
Barabba44:

How possible is that?

Very.

Barabba44:

Is there anyone can help me, please, about this situation?

How ?

Barabba44:

Is there something wrong in the research method I do?

Probably.

Barabba44:

How long do I have to research for indexes market?

Until you succeed.

Barabba44:

how long for eur-usd or forex market?

Until you succeed.

Barabba44:

what I have to do to obtain a good and stable configuration for a single market?

Practice.

Barabba44
Barabba44  
Marco vd Heijden:

Very.

How ?

Probably.

Until you succeed.

Until you succeed.

Practice.

I do practice, I am doing it since a year continuosly but every 3 months I am at the same place. How do I have to use the tester? using real tick do I have good data from the 2010 on indexes?

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

Try for some time not to use the tester.

To add comments, please log in or register