Need installer for MT5 EA

Hi there,

does anyone know a good installer for MT5 EAs, Indies, files ... ? For MT4 I had a pretty good one, but the guy who developed it is not answering anymore, cause I asked him for a modification for MT5. 

What I need to install comfortably is the main EA, plus 30-40 indicators and source-code-files.

I used Google but could not find anything. If someone has a recommendation, I´d be glad. 

Thanks in advance

Why don't you write one yourself ?

Doerk Hilger: does anyone know a good installer for MT5 EAs, Indies, files ... ? For MT4 I had a pretty good one, but the guy who developed it is not answering anymore, cause I asked him for a modification for MT5. 

What I need to install comfortably is the main EA, plus 30-40 indicators and source-code-files.

I used Google but could not find anything. If someone has a recommendation, I´d be glad.

I doubt you will find any! Unlike MT4/MQL4 that grew-up mostly as 3rd party solutions; MT5/MQL5 evolved around a MetaQuotes driven online Market, with very few (if any) 3rd party tools and EA's by other independent sites.

It's just writing a script that installs or copies the added files into the correct directories.

Nothing special.

Marco vd Heijden:

It's just writing a script that installs or copies the added files into the correct directories.

Nothing special.

Never did that. But, the installer has to locate all the MT5 installations correctly, isnt that the problem?

Only if you have multiple installations.

That is only logical.

But in that case you can still use the url requester.

Assuming that the user is able to browse to the location.

Or just run a scan and show a list of 'available' terminals i guess you can push it as far as you want.

Doerk Hilger: Never did that. But, the installer has to locate all the MT5 installations correctly, isnt that the problem?

Your MT4 Installer does not do that correctly either. Remember when I complained that your installer failed to install correctly (especially on "portable" setups) and that I always had to create a "fake" installation and then move all the files manually?

Fernando Carreiro:

Your MT4 Installer does not do that correctly either. Remember when I complained that your installer failed to install correctly (especially on "portable" setups) and that I always had to create a "fake" installation and then move all the files manually?

That are exceptions. 99% of all users dont use portable mode. Most of them migrate from other platforms anyway, only a few come from MetaTrader. 

Marco vd Heijden:

Only if you have multiple installations.

That is only logical.

But in that case you can still use the url requester.

Assuming that the user is able to browse to the location.

Or just run a scan and show a list of 'available' terminals i guess you can push it as far as you want.

It should be as comfortable as possible. If you can do it, I have a job for you :)

Doerk Hilger: That are exceptions. 99% of all users dont use portable mode. Most of them migrate from other platforms anyway, only a few come from MetaTrader. 

I said "especially" and not "only". I have mixed setups, yet your installer could not detect any of them, not even the normal installations. The solution was for me to create a clean install on a Virtual PC setup, in order to be able to get to the files.

So, even if you say most of the users don't have non-standard setups, your installer does not offer an alternative for those cases (such as providing a standard ZIP archive of the files for manual placement).

It might be a good idea if you could contact the author of your installer and work with him/her to create a universal solution that would work for both MT4 and MT5 as well allow manual selection for non-standard setups or a ZIP archive as a last resort.

Doerk Hilger:

Hi there,

does anyone know a good installer for MT5 EAs, Indies, files ... ? For MT4 I had a pretty good one, but the guy who developed it is not answering anymore, cause I asked him for a modification for MT5. 

Thanks in advance

From within Metatrader 4 for example, you can simply click on "File" menu option, then "Open Data Folder", then click on MQL4.

Copy your EA to "Experts" and copy your indicators into "Indicators".

Once you have done that, simply restart MT4.

If they are source files, they will automatically compile from .mq4 into .ex4 files, and should then be available to load into a chart as your normally would.

The process should be similar in Metatrader 5.

- Jack

Reason: