Custom Indicator Compiler Error

I have written a simple custom indicator and the code compiles without error or warnings. However, there is a Microsoft header file called "sal.h" in which there are two errors.

1) '#pragma' - invalid preprocessor command sal.h 14 1

2) '#endif' - unexpected token sal.h 121 1

Given that I didn't write this ("sal.h") I am at a loss as to know a) why this has occurred and b) how to eliminate this error.  Does MT4 use its own compiler or does it use a compiler than one has installed on the machine on which one is doing the code development. How is this set up?

thanks!!

GM2

GM2_MTWork: I have written a simple custom indicator and the code compiles without error or warnings. However, there is a Microsoft header file called "sal.h" in which there are two errors.
  1. '#pragma' - invalid preprocessor command sal.h 14 1
  2. '#endif' - unexpected tokensal.h1211

Given that I didn't write this ("sal.h") I am at a loss as to know a) why this has occurred and b) how to eliminate this error.  Does MT4 use its own compiler or does it use a compiler than one has installed on the machine on which one is doing the code development. How is this set up?

Show your code! We cannot guess what is written there unless you show the code.

MT4 Uses its own editor/compiler called MetaEditor! It does not use any external compiler!

GM2_MTWork: However, there is a Microsoft header file called "sal.h" in which there are two errors.
So what? That is likely a C header file, not a MT5 header file. You can not include that and expect it to compile.
Reason: