Freelancer Overdue Statistic. Should we ignore It?

To add comments, please log in or register
John Davis
John Davis  
  • 68% (23)
  • 32% (11)
Total voters: 34
John Davis
John Davis  

I am wondering how this is calculated.

For instance, if a developer takes a job and does not complete it in time it makes sense that this would add to his amount of overdue jobs, however, if a developer takes a job and the customer stops responding does this also turn into an overdue job for the developer? In the second case, the developer has no control over if the job is overdue since the developer is relying on someone else to help complete the project.

Should this statistic just be ignored when searching for developers to work with, since it is not completely under the control of the developer? Or, should we take it as an indication of how well a developer is willing to work with clients?

Thanks for reading, your thoughts?

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez

John Davis:

if a developer takes a job and the customer stops responding does this also turn into an overdue job for the developer?

Unfortunately, yes, it does.

The few jobs I developed in the Freelance section, I always delivered them on time. Normally the client tests it the same day you deliver it and accepts it, but in one of them, the client took 3 days to test it, and that is the only work that appears as a delay in my statistics as a developer. Something unfair, because I gave it the day agreed.

Therefore, according to my experience, the statistics of delays are not very useful, since the developer may not have delivered it on time, but it may also be that, even if delivered on time, it was the client that has been delayed much to revise and accept.

I think this should be changed.

Regards.

Boyan Taksirov
Boyan Taksirov  

I voted with IGNORE.

John Davis
John Davis  
Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

Unfortunately, yes, it does.

The few jobs I developed in the Freelance section, I always delivered them on time. Normally the client tests it the same day you deliver it and accepts it, but in one of them, the client took 3 days to test it, and that is the only work that appears as a delay in my statistics as a developer. Something unfair, because I gave it the day agreed.

Therefore, according to my experience, the statistics of delays are not very useful, since the developer may not have delivered it on time, but it may also be that, even if delivered on time, it was the client that has been delayed much to revise and accept.

I think this should be changed.

Regards.

Thanks for your input, I tend to agree with you as most have on this survey so far, the overdue statistic should be ignored, especially since it can give false or incorrect information.

John Davis:

Thanks for your input, I tend to agree with you as most have on this survey so far, the overdue statistic should be ignored, especially since it can give false or incorrect information.

You are welcome. Regards
To add comments, please log in or register