Client build 338; strategy tester bug ruined chances of entering championship.

Before the previous deadline, I had created a fairly involved expert which unfortunately did not make a profit.  It relies on a dataset generated by an external C++ program, and in the intervening days I had found an error in the processing that created the external data; having corrected this error, I wanted to test whether it improved matters for my Metatrader expert.

I noticed tonight that when I loaded Metatrader, it updated the build, which is now marked at 338.  The strategy test now refuses point blank to backtest my expert.  It worked before the update, and it does not now.  There is no error message, and nothing in the logs.  All the strategy tester journal says as an error is "disconnected".

In an attempt to narrow down the problem, I tested the experts that come with Metatrader - they work.

My code uses OnInit() to setup an OnTimer() event, which in turn instantiates a single instance of a class that then does all the work.  Thinking it may be a problem with the compilation of my code, I put in a Print() statement as the first line in OnInit() and OnTimer(); it produced the same problem, i.e. it does nothing (it should at least show the Print() lines in the journal).

Removing the #include line which includes all my code, and having a simple Print() statement in OnInit() and OnTimer() however does work, hence leaving me without any idea of what the problem is other than that it worked yesterday and does not now.

Given I have spent almost three months work on this, almost failed the original deadline but given a surprise reprieve, resolved the problem and ready to test something that should work - I am more than disappointed.

Moral of the story: Metatrader - please, please, please, institute a formal release cycle for your software.  If the championship is to quality test the software, that is fine if you inform us in advance.  However it is not fair to make several new releases in the immediate lead-up to a deadline in the guise of the software being production quality.

You should write to Servicedesk. Provide all details, please.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

my expert was accepted for the championship with the last build,but when i recompile it with build338 and upload it again it does not test at all

1. Copy
   experts\seeker.ex5 ok

2. Compile

3. Configuration
   seeker on EURUSD:H1 every tick 2010.01.01-2010.08.01

4. Start
   finished in 0 min 1 sec

5. Statistics
   0 kb of log files
   strategy tester report not found

1 errors

i don`t know what the error is because in my computer it works fine.

2010.09.25 00:47

1. Copy
   include\trade.mqh ok
   experts\killer.ex5 ok

2. Compile

3. Configuration
   killer on GBPUSD:H2 every tick 2010.01.01-2010.08.01

4. Start
   finished in 0 min 0 sec

5. Statistics
   0 kb of log files
   strategy tester report not found

1 errors
how do i know what this error for, it worked good in my computer (complied in 338) and tested after compilation ?

I also have the same issue, when I test locally on a new build with just the ex5 everything is fine but when I upload I get a similar error report as the above. Anyone resolve the issue? I also use include for my code modules....

All the EAs will be rechecked. Wait please.

Are we out of competition !! 

Time left for registration:3 hours 37 minutes 34 seconds

NFTrader:

Are we out of competition !! 

Time left for registration: 3 hours 37 minutes 34 seconds

No. Registration closed, but all the uploaded EAs will be check. There is 1 week before Championship starts

EA is Accepted now,  Thanks !:)