merge several eas into one - page 2

nicholishen: We are both making assumptions about OP, and since we are on a dev forum I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt that he knows common programming concepts, and I'm discussing OOP because it is a big part of MQL programming.  

OP wasn't specific but he said he wanted an easy way to merge EAs, it's very ambiguous... but the answer is yes, it's rather easy if you create a class out of the EA and output signals (instead of the actual orders) so the master EA can process the signals and do MM and Orders. Only a fraction of the code needs to be changed to implement such design pattern.  I would consider that easy, and for reference I don't have a CS pedigree, I literally learned OOP less than a year ago from C++ tutorials online.

So we'll have to wait for OP to chime in because if he's a coder and understands design patterns then this should be a breeze for him/her and if not then I have left some examples for future readers to potentially say, hey... that makes sense.

They are not assumptions! If you take the time to look at the OP's profile and activity you would see that he does not know how to code (he uses Freelance as a customer) - so OOP is completely beyond his understanding.

Also from his forum threads/posts, you would have also realised that it is mostly about MetaTrader 4 and most of the EA's out there for MT4 don't use OOP at all and many even use the old style.

So, your solution is definitely NOT the answer for the OP. It is only a solution for your own ego (and I don't mean that as an insult or criticism, but merely as an observation)!

Also, I am of the conviction that the OP has moved on or probably does not want to get in on the debate because he does not dominate the subject matter.

Let me just say, it depends on the EA's in question.

For some simple ones, to merge them can take 5 minutes but for other more complex ones, it can take many hours, day's,weeks,month's, or even years.

And of course it matters if all ea's were coded by the same coder and he has to merge his own work, or someone else has to merge 3 difference ea's by 3 different coders and etc. it will all affect the outcome.

So there is no real it's easy/or hard answer to this question.

Reason: