EA not Executing Orders

Hi

I am trying to write an EA based on the Binary destroyer but to trade forex. My problem is that no matter what I do the EA is not placing trades. It compiles correctly and loads as an EA but it is not executing trades in strategy tester or in my demo account. I am getting no errors in the expert tab either

Can someone please take a look and correct the code for me. I would also really appreciate a pointer as to what I am doing wrong that is stopping the trades from being placed in strategy tester or my XM demo account. I have tried the OpenSell() and OpenBuy() methods that I got from the internet in a different EA and they work fine there but not in my EA. I have attached  a picture of what I am trying to do plus the EA code and the origical indicator that I am basing the EA on from Jamie signals.

Thank you in advance 

tigga:

Hi

I am trying to write an EA based on the Binary destroyer but to trade forex. My problem is that no matter what I do the EA is not placing trades. It compiles correctly and loads as an EA but it is not executing trades in strategy tester or in my demo account. I am getting no errors in the expert tab either

Can someone please take a look and correct the code for me. I would also really appreciate a pointer as to what I am doing wrong that is stopping the trades from being placed in strategy tester or my XM demo account. I have tried the OpenSell() and OpenBuy() methods that I got from the internet in a different EA and they work fine there but not in my EA. I have attached  a picture of what I am trying to do plus the EA code and the origical indicator that I am basing the EA on from Jamie signals.

Thank you in advance 

Hey!

Have you tried checking out what the "Journal" tab says? What about the "Experts" Tab ... when it is supposed to take a trade ... 

Just in case ..  have you accidentally left the AutoTrading button off? or the AllowLiveTrading box you must tick in your EA options?

Hope you find a solution ...

Vic

tigga:

Hi

Thank you in advance 

Hi. If you are trying to open orders based on the indicator signals, the easiest way is by taking the signals from the indicator using iCustom function. Take a look here: https://docs.mql4.com/indicators/icustom

Hope that helps you. Best regards, Support Team | barmenteros.com

iCustom - Technical Indicators - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Rednamalas:

Hey!

Have you tried checking out what the "Journal" tab says? What about the "Experts" Tab ... when it is supposed to take a trade ... 

Just in case ..  have you accidentally left the AutoTrading button off? or the AllowLiveTrading box you must tick in your EA options?

Hope you find a solution ...

Vic

Hi. I checked these tabs and there are no errors from the EA. It loads succesfully but never executes orders. I am looking at the iCustom functions suggested below to see if i can use it

Reason: