How to set up 7 Minute, 8 Minute and 9 Minute charts on MT5 platform.

Hello,

Is it possible for me as an MT5 trader to set up  7 Minute, 8 Minute and 9 Minute charts on my MT5 platform? 

If yes, how do I go about doing that?

Thank you,

PennySeven

PennySeven:

Hello,

Is it possible for me as an MT5 trader to set up  7 Minute, 8 Minute and 9 Minute charts on my MT5 platform? 

If yes, how do I go about doing that?

Thank you,

PennySeven

And how would you prevent 7 minute, 8 minute and 9 minute charts to start at a different point (and thus repaint)? For example : when exactly would a new 7 minute (or 8 minute or 9 minute) bar start within a new hour or a new day or whatever?

Some "time frames" are not possible simply due to the nature of "time frames" and a lack of periodicity and repeatability - forget about those

Mladen Rakic:

And how would you prevent 7 minute, 8 minute and 9 minute charts to start at a different point (and thus repaint)? For example : when exactly would a new 7 minute (or 8 minute or 9 minute) bar start within a new hour or a new day or whatever?

Some "time frames" are not possible simply due to the nature of "time frames" and a lack of periodicity and repeatability - forget about those

Hi Mladen Rakic. Thank you for your response.

How come what you are saying is being done for 1 Minute, 2 Min, M3, M4, M5 and M6? Why is it not possible for M7, M8 and M9? 

Surely if you can start a new bar at every new 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min and 6 min, you would also be able to do exactly the same for 7min, 8min and 9min?

PennySeven:

Hi Mladen Rakic. Thank you for your response.

How come what you are saying is being done for 1 Minute, 2 Min, M3, M4, M5 and M6? Why is it not possible for M7, M8 and M9? 

Surely if you can start a new bar at every new 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min and 6 min, you would also be able to do exactly the same for 7min, 8min and 9min?

60/1=60

60/2=30

60/3=20

60/4=15

60/5=12

60/6=10

60/7=? (need integer value)

60/8=?

60/9=?

Alain Verleyen:

60/1=60

60/2=30

60/3=20

60/4=15

60/5=12

60/6=10

60/7=? (need integer value)

60/8=?

60/9=?

Thanks Alain. You can see I´m not a programmer. :-)

PennySeven:

Thanks Alain. You can see I´m not a programmer. :-)

On second thoughts: Alain, you clarified what Mladen Rakic was saying. 

However, it is possible to set up a 7 minute, 8 minute and 9 minute or any minute or hour or any time frame chart manually.

Thus, it is possible to do it on a computer. That is the question I am asking.

Is it possible for me to do it with the available tools on the MT5 platform?

PennySeven:

On second thoughts: Alain, you clarified what Mladen Rakic was saying. 

However, it is possible to set up a 7 minute, 8 minute and 9 minute or any minute or hour or any time frame chart manually.

Thus, it is possible to do it on a computer. That is the question I am asking.

Is it possible for me to do it with the available tools on the MT5 platform?

It can not

You are lacking the periodicity and repeatability - regardless if you try to do that manually or automatically

Mladen Rakic:

It can not

You are lacking the periodicity and repeatability - regardless if you try to do that manually or automatically

I humbly beg to differ :-)

You can always do it manually. You just move the 60 forward all the time. 

Mladen Rakic:

It can not

Actually you could, but that would be an arbitrary mess. (you need to fix some rules).

Alain Verleyen:
Actually you could, but that would be an arbitrary mess. (you need to fix some rules).

Yes, but in that case, for example, 7 minute bar would start at nnn minutes on one hour and xxx minutes on another our

Or, if it would be made to start at same time (and have all the rest of bars at same minutes), then at least one bar would not be 7 minute bar

Can not be done in any usable and error free way

PennySeven:

I humbly beg to differ :-)

You can always do it manually. You just move the 60 forward all the time. 

No sense in what you are asking - read the previous post

But if you are so sure that you are right , you could always go here : https://www.mql5.com/en/job and have it made for you the way you imagined it. At least then you will know why a free advice is sometimes really the best advice

Freelance service at MQL5.com
Freelance service at MQL5.com
  • www.mql5.com
Orders for the development of automated trading programs
Reason: