Code to include in my EA so that it does not execute orders on high impact news - page 2

Alain Verleyen:

Some changes are on preparation to publish directly from MetaEditor or something like that. Don't know what exactly and I have no idea about a deadline.

No answer from Metaquotes, maybe you could ask to ServiceDesk.

I probably wouldn't use the ME git option even if it was offered. I use Sourcetree, which is an amazing git GUI (Alain, it will change your life) that automatically push/pulls from an online repo. Also, I prefer bitbucket to github because bitbucket allows you to have free private repos, while github charges $ for private repos. The only thing the "MQL5 github support" will offer is keyword and API function highlighting... I already know the language well enough to the MQL keywords so I don't care about highlighting. Just in case you want to have one more look to ensure that I am not posting spam or anything other than a git repo... here is the link one more time. 

<link to external site removed>

lol

nicholishen:

I probably wouldn't use the ME git option even if it was offered. I use Sourcetree, which is an amazing git GUI (Alain, it will change your life) which automatically push/pulls from an online repo. Also, I prefer bitbucket to github because bitbucket allows you to have free private repos, while github charges $ for private repos. The only thing the "MQL5 github support" will offer is keyword and API function highlighting... I already know the language well enough to the MQL keywords so I don't care about highlighting. Just in case you want to have one more look to ensure that I am not posting spam or anything other than a git repo... here is the link one more time. 

<link to external site removed>

I will check but I don't feel the need to change from ME.

I hope you don't post your link once again deliberately.

Alain Verleyen:

I will check but I don't feel the need to change from ME.

I hope you don't post your link once again deliberately.

You still code and debug in ME, but git commit and push to repo (version control) with sourcetree.

git+git_repo > svn+mql5_storage

nicholishen:

You still code and debug in ME, but git commit and push to repo (version control) with sourcetree.

git+git_repo > svn+mql5_storage

I will check, thanks.

nicholishen:

lol

I understand you are laughing, but imagine what this site would become without us the censors. It's really not about you or your links.

Alain Verleyen:
I understand you are laughing, but imagine what this site would become without us the censors. It's really not about you or your links.

Fair enough, you do what you gotta do... 

imagine what this site would become

I imagine if more people posted git-repos instead of attaching files to thread posts, this language and its collective library would evolve much faster.

nicholishen:

Fair enough, you do what you gotta do... 

imagine what this site would become

I imagine if more people posted git-repos instead of attaching files to thread posts, this language and its collective library would evolve much faster.

This is not what I mean.

• I am in vacation, I have and take time to explain and answer you. Usually moderators don't have so much time, they act and the go elsewhere.
  • Your link was related to a commercial site, even if your content is not commercial. I have no idea and no envy to check every link and poster, is it trying to promote something ? ..
  • Not trying to advertise or promote ? Ok anyway the policy of this site is to not allow external links except on 1 thread. Still there are a lot but all in all the site is almost clean and readable.
  • It's easy to give some bad labels to someone and to criticize, but when you come to a new place it's a good practice to follow the rules of the place, and respect people already in the place, not to start to insult them.
  • I already said you several times to not take it personally. It's not about you, not about your specific link, not about git, not about your library.
  • Did you open a ticket to ServiceDesk to try to explain Metaquotes how they could improve their site and platforms, so your ideas could benefit to everyone ?
  • This site (forum) would be a total mess, unreadable and useless if there was no moderators doing their (volunteer) job, very well most of the time.

Thanks for your link.

Alain Verleyen:

This is not what I mean.

• I am in vacation, I have and take time to explain and answer you. Usually moderators don't have so much time, they act and the go elsewhere.
  • Your link was related to a commercial site, even if your content is not commercial. I have no idea and no envy to check every link and poster, is it trying to promote something ? ..
  • Not trying to advertise or promote ? Ok anyway the policy of this site is to not allow external links except on 1 thread. Still there are a lot but all in all the site is almost clean and readable.
  • It's easy to give some bad labels to someone and to criticize, but when you come to a new place it's a good practice to follow the rules of the place, and respect people already in the place, not to start to insult them.
  • I already said you several times to not take it personally. It's not about you, not about your specific link, not about git, not about your library.
  • Did you open a ticket to ServiceDesk to try to explain Metaquotes how they could improve their site and platforms, so your ideas could benefit to everyone ?
  • This site (forum) would be a total mess, unreadable and useless if there was no moderators doing their (volunteer) job, very well most of the time.

Thanks for your link.

My suggestion to the mods would be to white-list github and bitbucket.  

nicholishen:

My suggestion to the mods would be to white-list github and bitbucket.  

Ok no problem for me, ask to Metaquotes.
Reason: