unstable testing results - page 2

doshur:

I forgot to mention I'm using MQ MT5 and key in my broker server ip manually to connect

is that going to be ok for optimization or should I download my broker MT5? 

It should work with any broker.

doshur:

I forgot to mention I'm using MQ MT5 and key in my broker server ip manually to connect

is that going to be ok for optimization or should I download my broker MT5? 

I could be wrong about what I said above regarding which data is used for opti/single tests. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in and correct me. Otherwise, I guess you'll have to try it. You mentioned you were on the 1 hour timeframe though so maybe you'll be fine with a 1 hour difference between servertimes.

Optimizing on one data and testing on another data is a form of stress testing. If you optimize on MQ and single test on Alp** then its a good sign if you get good results on the Alp run too. And some would say the Alp run will be at least slightly more closer to future results. IMO I think your envelope system might be (confirm with your own testing!) kind of sensitive to slight changes in data so I'd be happy to see worse results in Alp runs that are still "not bad."

I deleted the history and download again

test show same results as last night, I'm not able to get back the morning results.

It is very strange here... 

doshur:

I deleted the history and download again

test show same results as last night, I'm not able to get back the morning results.

It is very strange here... 

Your broker can change your data. See this topic Changes in History Quality of simulations...
Reason: