speed problems when backtesting everytick

I'm working on a multi-currency EA that trades all 12 currencies. Testing it on open prices of, say, M5 for year time is a pain, but things still move.

Now, in order to prepare it to the champinship uploading I started testing it on every tick (a year period again), BUT nothing moves and it seems it will take forever

I should mention that the EA itself calculates only every 10 minutes in OnTick(), so the vast majority of the ticks it immediatly returns.

I don't know what's the reason and if it related to peculiarities of my EA. One possibility is that the tester precalculates all indicators for every tick. If I have a number indicators for every pair, this might explain it. 

Is this a common problem?

Any suggestions for a quick solution ??  

trendick:

I'm working on a multi-currency EA that trades all 12 currencies. Testing it on open prices of, say, M5 for year time is a pain, but things still move.

Now, in order to prepare it to the champinship uploading I started testing it on every tick (a year period again), BUT nothing moves and it seems it will take forever

I should mention that the EA itself calculates only every 10 minutes in OnTick(), so the vast majority of the ticks it immediatly returns.

I don't know what's the reason and if it related to peculiarities of my EA. One possibility is that the tester precalculates all indicators for every tick. If I have a number indicators for every pair, this might explain it. 

Is this a common problem?

Any suggestions for a quick solution ??  

do you try to use a cloud?

i has the same problem with neural, but i use 10 processors with dual core, still slow, but work.....

after 2 days finish