Buying Indicator from 3rd party website

Hello all! 

I've come across an indicator that is being sold on a 3rd party website. One thing that has crossed my mind is that they messaged me on MQL5 website but they are not selling the indicator on MQL5. Is this a bad sign? When I ask the seller about this, he said he is not selling through MQL5 because of a cracking issue where some indicators and EAs ended up on the blackmarket since MT4 build 902. I've searched for more information on this but I can't find anything. Did this really happen and is it really an issue? 

Thanks! 

lazareth1:

Hello all! 

I've come across an indicator that is being sold on a 3rd party website. One thing that has crossed my mind is that they messaged me on MQL5 website but they are not selling the indicator on MQL5. Is this a bad sign? When I ask the seller about this, he said he is not selling through MQL5 because of a cracking issue where some indicators and EAs ended up on the blackmarket since MT4 build 902. I've searched for more information on this but I can't find anything. Did this really happen and is it really an issue? 

Thanks! 

Some black markets where detected and closed, they was selling "demo" version of "free version", so nothing was cracked as far as I know.

If the seller is stated something was cracked he could probably give you some reference (by the way I would be interested by such information too).

The protection for buyers is nowhere as high as in mql5.com Market service (ex4/ex5 are encrypted and linked to your OS/Hardware), until proved otherwise.

Alain Verleyen:

Some black markets where detected and closed, they was selling "demo" version of "free version", so nothing was cracked as far as I know.

If the seller is stated something was cracked he could probably give you some reference (by the way I would be interested by such information too).

The protection for buyers is nowhere as high as in mql5.com Market service (ex4/ex5 are encrypted and linked to your OS/Hardware), until proved otherwise.

OK there's no real problem with the mql marketplace then. Makes you wonder why this seller is reluctant to use the mql market place!

lazareth1:

OK there's no real problem with the mql marketplace then. Makes you wonder why this seller is reluctant to use the mql market place!

I guess that the seller does not want to pay the commission.
Reason: