Security Measures of Intellectual Property

Hello,

I would like to get a general understanding on the security measures of intellectual property in MQL. 

#1. Assuming we have a proprietary trading system as intellectual property, how would we secure this property against unrestricted access??

#2. To what measure would the security work?? 

#3. And to who?? Are there any agents who have legal access to the trading system regardless of how many security features are included??

Example: Does the broker have access to the source code regardless of how many security features are included??

#4. Could any solutions be found in the method of writing code (using protected classes (OOP), calling dll functions, including specific files, etc.) ??

Feel free add your thoughts, questions, or links referencing the questions above. (Example: #1. see link, etc.)

Jeff 

bluejay:

Hello,

I would like to get a general understanding on the security measures of intellectual property in MQL. 

#1. Assuming we have a proprietary trading system as intellectual property, how would we secure this property against unrestricted access??

Don't share it (the source code).

#2. To what measure would the security work??

An ex4 file is at least as secure as a DLL. Up to someone prove it otherwise.

#3. And to who?? Are there any agents who have legal access to the trading system regardless of how many security features are included??

Example: Does the broker have access to the source code regardless of how many security features are included??

The source code is not available to any one, except if you share it. As far as we can know no one have access to an ex4 (until proved otherwise).

#4. Could any solutions be found in the method of writing code (using protected classes (OOP), calling dll functions, including specific files, etc.) ??

I don't think so, if what MQ claims is exact and without security hole.

Feel free add your thoughts, questions, or links referencing the questions above. (Example: #1. see link, etc.)

Applications on the mql5.com Market are encrypted.

Of course the weakness of all this security is : it's a proprietary system and we have to trust Metaquotes on the robustness of the system. As far as I know, it's not broken at this moment.

Jeff 

Alain :-)

Alain Verleyen:
Don't share it (the source code).

An ex4 file is at least as secure as a DLL. Up to someone prove it otherwise.

The source code is not available to any one, except if you share it. As far as we can know no one have access to an ex4 (until proved otherwise).

I don't think so, if what MQ claims is exact and without security hole.

Applications on the mql5.com Market are encrypted.

Of course the weakness of all this security is : it's a proprietary system and we have to trust Metaquotes on the robustness of the system. As far as I know, it's not broken at this moment.

Alain :-)
Thank you Alain, for your feedback. Very helpful :-)
Reason: