How to debug in MetaEditor?

Hi all,

I want to debug my prgram. I use the method described in this article and set debug on historial data. But it doesn't work, i.e. the menu item "Start to History Data" is still disable.

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/metaeditor/help/development/debug

Someone can help?

Debugging - Creating Programs - MetaEditor Help
Debugging - Creating Programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
It's hard to eliminate errors when writing considerably complicated programs. MetaEditor offers you the built-in debugger to help you solve...

I do not know about your concrete case sorry ... but you may find some answers in the following article:

How to quickly develop and debug a trading strategy in MetaTrader 5

thomas2004:

Hi all,

I want to debug my prgram. I use the method described in this article and set debug on historial data. But it doesn't work, i.e. the menu item "Start to History Data" is still disable.

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/metaeditor/help/development/debug

Someone can help?

Feature not available for MT4.

Alain Verleyen:
Feature not available for MT4.

Thanks for the information.

The version of my MetaTrader is 4.00 Build 1090 on 19 May 2017. But the version of my MetaEditor is 5.00 build 1601 on 19 May 2017. Is this a problem?

what is the difference between below two usages?

if I have only one breakpoint in my code to debug and start the debugger in history data mode, I find both seem to act same every time I hit the shortcut during the debugging.

• debugging with history data [Ctrl+F5]
  • step out [Shift+F11]

cheers,

soi kawasaki:

what is the difference between below two usages?

if I have only one breakpoint in my code to debug and start the debugger in history data mode, I find both seem to act same every time I hit the shortcut during the debugging.

• debugging with history data [Ctrl+F5]
  • step out [Shift+F11]

cheers,

in case I was not clear on the above question.

my question was it seems like both shortcuts can loop through the breakpoint/s in the same way.

do anyone knows the difference or they are same.

Reason: