Different Results in optimizer than in tester during "run once"...

I just reinstalled mt5 and am using the metaquotes server. NOT running in portable mode either. When I right click run once from the results of optimization of ANY EA(even the default samples), ANY timeframe, ANY symbol, I get remarkably different results than what it says in the optimization results list of almost every row i try. I use the cloud or not or remote agents or not, it doesn't make a difference.... Everything was fine for weeks up until tonight... Only thing I can think of is I created a symbolic link to and moved my appdata/roaming folder to my D: drive. I have had some file/folder security issues since then but I reinstalled MT5 after and everything else seems fine.... Any ideas from anyone?

bendex77:

I just reinstalled mt5 and am using the metaquotes server. NOT running in portable mode either. When I right click run once from the results of optimization of ANY EA(even the default samples), ANY timeframe, ANY symbol, I get remarkably different results than what it says in the optimization results list of almost every row i try. I use the cloud or not or remote agents or not, it doesn't make a difference.... Everything was fine for weeks up until tonight... Only thing I can think of is I created a symbolic link to and moved my appdata/roaming folder to my D: drive. I have had some file/folder security issues since then but I reinstalled MT5 after and everything else seems fine.... Any ideas from anyone?

Sorry, but personally, your problem isn't clear. Can you post some screenshot or logs to demonstrate your issue ?

angevoyageur:
Sorry, but personally, your problem isn't clear. Can you post some screenshot or logs to demonstrate your issue ?
Probably have to post a video if i cant explain it. But first, I run an optimization then right click from the optimization results and select "run once" and the results from that "run once" (that are displayed in the reults tab) dont match the result that I right clicked on (displayed in the optimization results list.)

bendex77:
Probably have to post a video if i cant explain it. But first, I run an optimization then right click from the optimization results and select "run once" and the results from that "run once" (that are displayed in the reults tab) dont match the result that I right clicked on (displayed in the optimization results list.)
Ok, understood. And you said you got this problem with any EA, TF or symbol. I will check (when I have some time).

bendex77:
What about 3 screenshots (one of the input parameters after run once, one of the results tab and one of the optimization results) before post the video?

figurelli:
What about 3 screenshots (one of the input parameters after run once, one of the results tab and one of the optimization results) before post the video?
Absolutely, as I can't reproduce this problem.

Ya it was wierd, Ive since reinstalled windows and havent had any problems. Thanks for replys.

I had a similar problem. It occurred because I put the wrong data type when setting the value of an object of struct MqlParam. For example:

MqlParam params[];

//...

params[1].type = TYPE_DOUBLE;
params[1].integer_value = value; // Should be double_value

This error fooled me as the program seemed to work in "run once", but then the results were random in the tester.

if you just installed make sure first to download the history in history center because if you run simulations after a fresh install and historic data has not been fully downloaded yet,

then the results between data outcome will differ between simulations.

I can not think of anything else.

Reason: