RSI Current Value (MT4)

Hi folks,

Searched but couldn't find the answer ...on my question:

Is it possible to extract the RSI data per tick to get all RSI values during a candle period?

My goal is e.g. to receive the lowest daily value of the RSI on M5.

I can identify the highest/lowest candle itself by PRICE_CLOSE ....but I guess there must be a much higher / lower RSI value during that extreme candle time or? 

Of course the PRICE_CLOSE (default) can't exist because the current candle "0"  is not closed yet.

But the PRICE_OPEN is also not the right parameter and the the other parameters (Typical & Weighted) also need a close price to work .... 

https://docs.mql4.com/constants/indicatorconstants/prices

Is this possible at all? Within a live chart I can see the RSI changing during a candle but I have no clue why I can't get that "realtime" data .... any idea?

Thanks very much.

Price Constants - Indicator Constants - Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
Price Constants - Indicator Constants - Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

You can use PRICE_LOW and PRICE_HIGH to obtain RSI values for the high and low of the candle.

frobber
:

Searched but couldn't find the answer ...on my question: Is it possible to extract the RSI data per tick to get all RSI values during a candle period?

My goal is e.g. to receive the lowest daily value of the RSI on M5.

I can identify the highest/lowest candle itself by PRICE_CLOSE ....but I guess there must be a much higher / lower RSI value during that extreme candle time or?

Of course the PRICE_CLOSE (default) can't exist because the current candle "0" is not closed yet.

Is this possible at all? Within a live chart I can see the RSI changing during a candle but I have no clue why I can't get that "realtime" data .... any idea?

1. Perhaps you should read the manual. iRSI reads the current value of the given pair/TF/shift. Why do you think you can't.
  2. M5 is irrelevant if the RSI TF is D1. So at the start of a new day, set a global/static variable to DBL_MAX and then each tick, if the RSI is lower, remember it. What's the problem? (Unless chart is that TF, you must handle 4066/4073 errors. See Download history in MQL4 EA - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum)
  3. PRICE_CLOSE is a constant, doesn't identify anything. The shift zero candle is forming, RSI, MAs, etc. will be changing slightly as price shifts.
  4. The Close[0] equals Bid, always. Of course RSI(0) exists. Both are the exact, correct value of that candle, if there are no more ticks.
  5. Why can't you? Why do you think you can't. What's the problem?
Reason: