Raw Socket Client for MT4??? - page 3

Oliver duCille:

Hi, JC!

First let me thank you so much for all you do! I will not ask how I can kiss you (lol) but will say that you are a man among men and will be known for your all your good works through all the ages:)

I am pouring over the C++ reference example available for ws2_32.dll to convert them in order to implement User Datagram Protocol (UDP) as an addition to the library and extend its capability to send and receive datagrams from MT4/5 (just locally)?

I am sure you probably have already thought of this or tried it?  I am sure there is also really a good reason it is not implemented in socke-library-mt4-mt5.mqh library as well
Could you share your experience?

Thank you again for all your hard work and even more so for sharing it!

Re UDP, I'd start by reading https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/706665#comment_9130188

My knowledge of UDP is a little out of date, but I'm not sure why you'd use it instead of TCP unless you're Netflix, and multicasting packets to millions of users. I know that the characteristics of UDP have changed in the many years since I last used it but, for any conceivable MQL scenario, it still only seems to have disadvantages and no real-life practical advantages. If you're communicating on a single machine or over a local network, then any notional latency advantages of UDP will almost certainly get eaten up by the processor activity in checking all the things which UDP doesn't guarantee, such as delivery and sequence. If you're communicating remotely over the internet, good luck making sure that all the firewalls are configured to allow the UDP traffic...

Hi JC! How can i resolve the problem with error "2022.05.26 09:28:54.216 'C:\Program Files (x86)\InstaTrader\MQL4\Libraries\ws2_32.dll' is not 32-bit version" ?
Reason: