USD short term/long term view

Long term, I'm still bullish on the dollar. Non Farm payrolls came in lower than expected - although US the jobless rate hit a 26 year high. All of us traders need to be aware that the commodity dollars are still beating up on the USD short term. Risk appetite is outpacing technical/fundamental analysis for the beginning of the week. Look for the BoE and RBNZ announcements later in the week. Could be a driving force - and as always, the commentary is more important than the actual decision. Listen up!

the USD drops. I may just start trading off of Geithner, Trichet and the other harbingers of doom. Just mentioning their names makes currencies drop. Whoops, there goes the USD again.

Hello you all,

I am new to this forum but not in the forex trading.

I am more of a long term/fondamental analysis trader

I am interested to get into day trading now that I have more time on my hands.

Any advices?

Tomo

I agree, there will be a flight to safety to the USD once some negative US economic news comes out.

With the US Unemployment still being enormous this will continue to effect the U.S. economy, even though losses were declining to 220,000 from 247,000 in July, it is still to big. Besides that growth is still weak at best in the US, however there are indicators of improvement some levels of the US economy.

Continuing talking about the USD...

In fact the USD is the main currency and it is the basic knowledge needed to trade even cross pairs .

Anyhow, where and what s happening?

Even though some positive releases are supposed to influence the currency positively, I believe it is not enough to reverse the bearish trend, investors may be waiting for key data to change reverse the trend!

suggestions?

can i get projections/expectations of EUr/Usd please

Reason: