Development of a new EA

i am currently developing a new ea and so far it looks very promising. now that i am doing the "fine-tuning" and backtests i wonder what "forward testing" is and how i can accomplish that.

just for explanation: i want to keep the ea simple as my trading system in my real-money-account, as i find thats working best for me. i am using some sorts of bollinger bands, a middle term moving average and a macd histogramm.

the tests are concentrating on the 1M and 5M charts, with a tight stop loss and good working trailing stop.

i am looking forward to any tipps, tricks or experiences.

kostolany:
i am currently developing a new ea and so far it looks very promising. now that i am doing the "fine-tuning" and backtests i wonder what "forward testing" is and how i can accomplish that.just for explanation: i want to keep the ea simple as my trading system in my real-money-account, as i find thats working best for me. i am using some sorts of bollinger bands, a middle term moving average and a macd histogramm.the tests are concentrating on the 1M and 5M charts, with a tight stop loss and good working trailing stop.i am looking forward to any tipps, tricks or experiences.

The problem with back-testing is that you can optimize your strategy to do exceedingly well based on past price movements. Whether that previous price movement continues no one knows. In order to "prove" if your strategy continues to operate well without the benefit of hindsight (old datat) you need to forward test to see if your strategy continues to operate on an ongoing basis. To get the best forward test results possible put it on a live account so that it takes into account slippage. Or you could run it on a demo if you want a basic forward test.

Hi Kostolany,

Wonder if you can share your EA with me and the backtest result? I can help you do few weeks of forward testing it the backtest and fundamental of this EA is good. Thanks

forexhouse:
Hi Kostolany,Wonder if you can share your EA with me and the backtest result? I can help you do few weeks of forward testing it the backtest and fundamental of this EA is good. Thanks

sure i can and i will, but atm i am working more profit. if i am satisfied with my pips/month i will share it with everyone who wants to!

Reason: