Backtesting Multi-Currency EA - page 4

Hi Patrick,
Pix:

Good Luck Jim!

If your EA backtested correctly within 2010.01.01 up to 2010.08.01 without any errors (trade errors, etc.) and a profit, then you will likely get approved, as long as your personal info is also correct. However, you will not be able to change anything from this point forward, including settings (input parameters)

I hope to see your bot in action!

Thanks for your good wishes, and for your advice. I awoke this morning to discover another green tick telling me my files have been accepted, so you'll shortly be able to watch Ray in action here. The test report shows $34,475.58 profit, so at least he passed that test OK.

It's a shame we won't be able to try optimizing him at all though. We'll have to remember to start earlier next time around.

In fact this isn't his first competition. He's already been flexing his metal muscles elsewhere, so you can check on his progress there too if you like.

Good luck to you if you are competing also.

Cheers,

Jim

My multi currency EA tested perfectly in my strategy tester but in the ATC tester, the attached message was displayed. The problem is when the EA is used for the first time, the STRATEGY TESTER takes time to download the historical prices for each of the currency. After that the subsequent tests are done almost instantly. Realizing this, I disabled the other currencies in backtest mode. With this, the earlier automatic testing by ATC went through with clean pass, but after the registration is closed, it returned the following error. Now my question is, why can't the organizers understand that the long time taken is to download the currency data and not due to errors? And another burning question is how did the SAME robot that passed the earlier test suddenly returned the following error? It is unfair to disqualify my robot for such ATC internal problem!

2010.09.26 05:41

1. Copy
   experts\frax27.ex5 ok

2. Compile

3. Configuration
   frax27 on EURUSD:M1 every tick 2010.01.01-2010.08.01

4. Start
   expert takes too long time (more than 15 minutes)

1 errors

Hi rforex,

That's a strange one!

I only uploaded our EA for the first time last night. It uses 9 pairs and no trickery, but it nonetheless appears to have passed with flying colours.

2010.09.26 08:56

1. Copy
   experts\gurooex02multi2010.mq5 ok

2. Compile
   experts\gurooex02multi2010.mq5 ok

3. Configuration
   gurooex02multi2010 on EURUSD:M1 every tick 2010.01.01-2010.08.01

4. Start
   finished in 8 min 16 sec

5. Statistics
   1302 kb of log files
   708 trades, 1416 deals, profit 34475.58 USD

No errors!

Are you sure there isn't some underlying problem with your EA? Alternatively is this some sort of random occurrence, and it was just Ray's lucky night last night?

Jim

The EA tested fine on my MT5 and a couple of PCs with different MT5 installed.

How is it fair to disqualify an EA when it is running fine on other MT5?

The ATC team should look into the logs and see that history data IS BEING DOWNLOADED, and not errors!

many thanksssss...
Reason: