Christmas 2008

Christmas 2001 and 2002 was real bad. It was hard to keep positive with a recession, the stock market plunging and 9/11 still fresh in everyone's heads. However, there were still jobs to be had during those days. Not all industries were shrinking. It wasnt all bad news.

This time is different. Every industry out there is shrinking. Some companies have had a hiring freeze going on for several months. I cant find one industry where there is any hint of bullishness. There is news of more lay-offs to come in 2008. Major companies have gone out of business are on the brink of going out of business. Local businesses that were in business for over 20 years are now closing their doors.

Even if you have a secure job, you cant expect any growth, big raises, promotions or bonuses. Basically, you just walk in the door for a check each day and hope that tomorrow wont be your last day.

Houses continue plunging in value with no end in site.

I can only surmise that Christmas 2008 will be the worst out of any in a few decades....

Ok, so we have to be ready for bad days, I mean, more awful days.

More bad news coming? Or are they not finish already? I mean, Im tired to hear bad news everyday. At least in the market Im doing good.

Hahaha unfortunately we're suffering a great economical havoc and it doesn't seem it's going to pass soon. So we shall see a lot of bad news coming, we just have to maintain our heads cold and think out every possibility, good possibility, everything might generate to our tradings.

Reggie59:
Hahaha unfortunately we're suffering a great economical havoc and it doesn't seem it's going to pass soon. So we shall see a lot of bad news coming, we just have to maintain our heads cold and think out every possibility, good possibility, everything might generate to our tradings.

Yes friend during this down fall in the market we have seen great financial plus economical havoc. To fight with this havoc we will have to keep our heads cool and fight.

To win this financial havoc it will take time.

I guess someone could say as the original poster to this thread. Gloom and doom, no matter what. Well, I tend to set my own "rules". First, since the "markets" are so crazy, I shifted my trading to the 5M and 15M charts. A simple system of 2 or 3 indicators, watch the news reports, and trade accordingly. So far so good. Because of so much volatility, trading has been good.

So, I guess you can accept "gloom and doom" or adjust and make the best of it, or from it. I can't make an impact on global economics or even local. HOWEVER! I can make an effect on my own situations. Besides, I choose to believe, this Christmas, Christmas 2008 will be one of the best! Family still here, except for Mom, who's in a Nursing Home. But, all else is ok and pressing forward.

Believe what you believe but don't allow OTHERS to steal your joy, regardless of what is going on. It's up to you!!

I know bad days in this season, we have to wait, I know everybody say the same, but we have to remember the rule number one in this market, be patience, nothing else.

I agree with waiting, though from now on the panorama for next year doesn’t seem very promising, the beginning of 2009 will bring a lot of changes which should bring some action to the markets

Hi to All! My name is Alice. Im 24. Im from Berlin. Im very lonely. I have not friends. Please help me! What can I do?

Reason: